Sunday, September 18, 2011

Choppin' Broccoli

I'm so bored of broccoli. I mean, b o r e d. It's available all year round, so it's kind of a staple. A fallback veggie, I guess. Eric started roasting it a few months ago, and that's good. But I found another version of roasted broccoli on Pinterest recently and decided I had to try it. Why? Because it had just five ingredients. If it's not something I'm baking, that's pretty much my basic rule for cooking. (I guess it's a good thing Eric does all the cooking.)

You will need:

  • broccoli
  • salt/pepper
  • olive oil
  • lemon
  • Parmesan cheese

Cut up some broccoli. The original recipe calls for making sure the broccoli is DRY before adding the oil. I forgot that step. I'll try it next time if I remember. Toss the broccoli with olive oil (I only had canola, so that's what I used), salt, and pepper. Slice a couple heads of garlic, toss them in too.



Bake for about 25 minutes at 425° . When it comes out of the oven, add the zest of a lemon, lemon juice, and some grated Parmesan cheese. I only had cocktail remnants of a couple of lemons, so I maybe used half a lemon. If that. The original recipe called for 1/3 of a cup of cheese. I didn't use that much because I wanted to keep it as healthy as possible.

Toss. Eat.

This stuff was so good I forgot to take a photo, so this is all you get.





The little brown bits? Delicious, crispy garlic! I cooked just two large heads of broccoli, but I should have made at least four. Eric wasn't thrilled with the whole thing, but I LOVED it, and when he goes to Portland next time, I'm going to make a ton of this for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment