Friday, April 3, 2009

More Baking

Time to get in the habit of this blog thing. I've joined a group called The Daring Bakers. Each month there is a baking challenge, and those who participate are instructed to make the item, then blog about it. We've received the challenge recipe, but have instructions not to post about it until April 27th. So stay tuned.

In the meantime, I'll post some photos of a couple of things that have kept me busy since my last post. First, my finished painted windows, both gifts. Eric is trying to convince me to market the house numbers version. Anyone wish to buy one? The problem with this idea is that it would have to be a local buyer, because mailing a window would be a nightmare. Plus I'm sort of lazy and not into marketing so much. But anyone in the North Seattle area that would like to purchase one, I'd be happy to take the commission.






Of course I've done a little bit of baking since my last post.

Chocolate chip heart cookies for Valentine's Day...











Baked Alaska for house guests...












Mini lemon cupcakes with lemon buttercream for an afternoon tea...












And my favorite, chocolate cupcakes with espresso ganache. These were a mailing experiment that is getting semi-decent reviews. I wrapped each of them individually and used a mailing tube. I need to mail a tube to myself to start tweaking packaging options. Recipients have generally said "they taste great but they're a little compacted".



My mom, my brother, and his three kids are visiting in a couple weeks. He'll be here for his birthday. I've already started my baking list. So far I've got a bottomless cookie jar, a birthday cake, and breakfast muffins. Or maybe scones. I'll be spending the weekend with my cookbooks and all the wonderful food blogs I've found as a result of the Daring Bakers group.

No comments:

Post a Comment