Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jumping In

I've been debating this blog thing for a long time. For the most part I use Flickr as a photo blog, but I prefer the more creative options available to me in the blog format, so I've decided to try it out. I also just finished Project 365 (one photo a day for an entire year), so I need another project. Maybe I can turn this blog into something somewhat creative?

First up, oversize chocolate cupcakes with espresso-cream cheese frosting for Barbara's birthday. Later this week, a small USPS-friendly cake for a coworker, and more cupcakes for a Saturday stitch group.



I'm also working on a couple gifts for friends. We've been collecting salvaged windows for a few years now. In the beginning we were going to build a greenhouse addition onto our Portland home, but that never happened (big surprise). Since we actually made the effort to move them with us to Bellingham, I've been trying to come up with alternative uses. Lately they've been serving as a sort of canvas for painting projects, but last year I painted just the frames of a couple of them and am using them as a room divider.



I'm not much of a wordsmith, so I'm predicting this blog will consist mostly of photos and short captions. I start a photography class next month, so stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment