- 1- 1-qt. canning jar, plus lid (I used a plastic mayonnaise container because I was putting it in the mail.)
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. flour
- 3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- Put the baking powder and salt in the jar. Carefully spoon the flour into the jar; gently tamp the flour down and wipe the inside of the jar with a dry paper towel to clean off any dust.
- Carefully spoon in the cocoa powder, gently tamping it down and wiping down the inside of the jar with a clean, dry paper towel.
- Spoon the sugar into the jar, then add the chocolate chips. Don’t worry, they will fit. Tap the jar on the counter several times to allow them to settle, and you’ll get them all in. Trust me.
Don’t forget to include baking instructions!
Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9x13” baking pan.
Add the following ingredients to the brownie mix:
- ¾ c. butter, melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs, well beaten
Mix by hand and spread into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Cool completely before cutting (haha). Cut with a plastic utensil for clean, pretty edges.